How To Host A Book Drive
HOSTING A BOOK DRIVE
We need your help!!!
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 708-205-1516 to get started
WE WILL ALWAYS BE NEEDING LIKE NEW AND GENTLY USED CHILDREN’S BOOKS…
…FOR TODDLERS TO TEENAGERS (NO TEXTBOOKS OR REFERENCE BOOKS PLEASE)
Big Rig Books greatly relies on book drives as the primary means of keeping our bookmobile full. It is the foundation of our book procurement efforts. Book drives are simple, easy and very effective. We believe book drives are a win-win for Big Rig Books and book drive hosts.
- Hosting schools benefit by involving their students and faculty in helping underprivileged students and providing service to their community and by emphasizing how fortunate they are to have something as simple as books readily available to them. We encourage students to have fun and make their own promotional posters.
- Hosting churches benefit from our initiative by reaching beyond the needs of their congregation and helping the less fortunate and improving their lives by increasing their literacy. This is also a great opportunity to make it a youth group project. We provide the children we serve with the choice of Christian themed books and Bibles as well as secular titles.
- Hosting retailers benefit by showing their customers that they are a part of and care about their community and not solely focused on the “bottom line”. There is really no effort involved and our donation box takes up very little space.
There are two ways to host a book drive…
- A one to two week long book drive with prior announcements and promotions. We would pick up the books immediately after the event.
- The simplest and easiest method is to host a provided box (16”w x 16”d x 48”h) for a longer amount of time in a visible and suitable location where people can drop off books at any time. We would pick up books at your request through the duration of your hosting the box.
EXAMPLE PROMOTION MATERIAL
The Big Rig Books’ Book Drive is rolling
in to our neighborhood!
from _________ to _________
The books we collect will be donated to Big Rig Books, a non-profit mobile literacy outreach initiative focused on fostering recreational reading habits beyond the classroom by encouraging reading and providing books for children and families in economically challenged, underserved communities and underperforming schools.
We know from recent studies that the single biggest predictor of academic success is not income, race, gender, or parents’ education; it is the presence of books in the home. Yet, tragically, many children do not own a single book.
Together, we can help ALL kids succeed in school and in life — simply by giving them books! Let’s each take some time to clear our cluttered shelves of books we have outgrown, so that we may give those books a second life with a child who needs them. We need books for all ages, pre-school through high school.